Please note that there is a 5-7 day lead time on these currently and therefore will NOT be available for Christmas Delivery.
The Sutsu Long Haul organic beanie, a humble but somehow marvellous piece of headwear. Born of our desire to create outstanding wardrobe staples, superior quality and built to last. It’s an understated, quietly stylish design, on an ultra practical bit of kit. Which works whether you need to keep your head warm or are simply having a bad hair day. This is sustainable headwear that takes traditional and knits in a high quality, ethically contemporary twist.
Right from the start in 2004, here at Sutsu we’ve remained true to our roots - timeless style and a desire to do things fairly. Which means excellence in design and environmentally friendly merchandise you can wear with pride - ethically made without waste from sustainably sourced materials.
One of our key production differentiators is that all our Sutsu beanies are made on request. By holding no stock it means we have less impact on the environment at production level (less farming / carbon footprint etc.) because we don't needlessly produce extra stock, but it also means we reduce our overheads & carbon footprint here in London & Cheshire. This in turn means you benefit in respect of a reduced RRP. We Save You Save. Please note that this means delivery takes a little longer: UK roughly 3-5 days to be delivered.
As a brand (especially in "fashion") we are acutely aware of the impact our business has on mother nature. With this in mind we aim to be environmentally neutral (and if possible positive). we are constantly looking of ways to improve but here is the breakdown of our efforts to improve each Sutsu Beanie:
- 95% Organic Ring Spun Combed Cotton, 5% Elastane
- 2 Trees Planted for every garment sold
- PETA Approved Vegan - made of vegan alternatives to animal-derived materials
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) - worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain.
- Fairwear Foundation - realising worker rights to safe, dignified, properly paid employment
- 90% Carbon Reduction (classed as Climate Neutral) through solar powered factories.
Like all businesses we are here to turn a profit but we also want to offer a better alternative for those of you who care where you put your money. Alongside our environmental and social decisions we want to show you exactly how much each Beanie costs us to make, how much goes to the tax man, how much goes to our charitable partner(s) and how much ends up in our bank account. That way we feel you can make an informed decision as to whether to buy from Sutsu or not.
Prices as of 09/02/23 (Please note the "in the bank" figure is used to pay our fixed costs / staffing / advertising fees etc):
|Blank Cost||£5.68||Garment Sold||£21.99|
|Label Cost||£0.21||Charitable Donation||£2.82|
|Label Sow Cost||£0.70||VAT on Sale||£2.25|
|Production VAT||£1.32||Corporation Tax||£2.37|
|Total Cost||£7.91||In the bank||£6.65|
- Wash in 30 Degree Cold Wash cycle with like colours.
- Do not Tumble Dry
- No need to iron but if you please iron inside out.